Your Virtual Early Warning System
for Managing Supplier Shipments
Manufacturers and Brand Owners Struggle With Supplier and Material Risk
Food, beverage, and supplements companies have unique challenges:
- Supply chains are longer and more complex with suppliers increasingly scattered across the globe.
- When a required action is missed or key data isn’t entered, it can lead to major downstream problems.
- Material variability can lead to quality, compliance, regulatory issues, and process inconsistency.
- Manually reading every Certificate of Analysis (CoA) and comparing to specifications is impossible.
- CoAs come in different formats and sometimes after the shipment is received — problem detection and early warning don’t happen.
- Item problems are sometimes detected only after the container is opened on the plant floor.
- Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARs) are usually managed in a separate data silo; connecting customer complaints, recouping lost dollars, and ensuring nothing falls through the cracks remains a struggle.
Supplier Compliance Can Fix It
TraceGains Supplier Compliance evaluates supplier product performance, lot by lot, from purchase order to production, extending inventory visibility to the shipping dock. The software operates as a virtual early warning system, automatically identifying issues with incoming shipments before they reach production.
Teams can scorecard, measure, and rank suppliers by risk category, providing an intuitive, visual overview of supplier performance. Downstream issues like customer complaints and plant floor problems are traced to specific supplier lot shipments, enabling supplier chargebacks and rapid replacement.
Compliance data is centralized, allowing teams to review specifications, track CoA trends, and run reports on any critical data with one click. Teams gain visibility and control to meet the product quality, regulatory compliance, and financial requirements that today's global supply chains demand.
Centralizes and digitizes CoAs, receiving checklists, and CARs for better insight into items and suppliers
Reads and qualifies CoAs and lab results against specifications, stopping non-compliant shipments
Acts as an early warning system to reduce the risk of non-conforming materials going into production
Alerts both manufacturers and suppliers (if desired) of supplier non-conformances in real time
Drives supplier performance allowing teams to scorecard, measure, and rank supplier compliance
Tracks supplier performance historically, making it easier to identify and target problem areas
Track problems in Receiving (damaged containers), Quality (sample test results vs. CoA results), and the Plant floor (contaminated materials)
Quickly and easily issue Corrective Action Requests (CARs) and Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARs) directly from the system
Records and tracks the costs incurred by supplier ingredient non-conformance enabling chargebacks to suppliers for loss recovery
AI ANALYSIS AND
AI-driven attribute threshold validation of inbound Certificates of Analysis (CoAs) against ingredient and material specifications
Scorecards supplier performance based on key attributes like specification compliance, CARs/SCARs, and more
Automates configurable workflows to ensure CARs receive the proper approvals and are sent to the right suppliers
Configure automatic notifications for any non-conformance detected by the system to instantly alert stakeholders to take action
Monitors supplier product defects against specifications to ensure raw material variability is kept to within acceptable standards
Tracks receiving logs, truck inspections, and other crucial delivery information to support GFSI audit requirements with digital records
When one facility has a supplier lot issue, all other facilities are automatically alerted
“Digitizing COAs and making them actionable with TraceGains solutions has resulted in a 75% reduction of out-of-specification lots on the receiving dock for Jiffy Mix.”
– Bill Besson, Dir. Quality Assurance, Chelsea Milling Company (aka Jiffy Mix)
Are you ready to increase your visibility into your supply chain and improve supplier compliance?