With Your Suppliers
Creating and Updating Specs Requires Input Across the Organization and from Suppliers
Common pitfalls when managing raw material and finished goods specifications:
- Many manufacturers, brand owners, and retailers don't fully utilize suppliers as collaboration partners when creating and updating specifications, resulting in prolonged negotiations over attributes and tolerances.
- Communicating with suppliers and co-manufacturers about specification updates is often a manual and time-consuming process.
- Maintaining detailed and current raw material and finished goods specifications is cumbersome, especially when version control, authorization, and audit trails are needed.
- Stakeholders exchange information through email and voicemail, making it nearly impossible to track status, agreements, or supporting documentation.
- Ensuring suppliers and stakeholders have the latest version of specifications is difficult with static tools like shared drives and spreadsheets that lack versioning mechanisms.
- Siloed data across R&D, Quality, Regulatory, and Purchasing departments delays specification creation and updates and slows down new product development and reformulation.
Networked Specification Management Can Fix It
With TraceGains Specification Management, teams create, publish, and update raw material, and finished goods specifications on a single networked platform. Don't worry about tracking down suppliers, items, or ingredients since most food, beverage, and supplements suppliers have loaded item and raw material documents and information on TraceGains Network. We made it easy.
Log in to Specification Management and get instant access to all that data to speed up your specification process. Networked means no more reaching out to suppliers to request information or documents, you've already got what you need, and we help automate the rest.
With TraceGains, you can digitize everything from raw material to packaging to finished goods specifications. Then use the data to power configurable dashboards and reports to determine compliance against label claims, nutrition targets, thresholds like Prop 65, and country of origin. Automated workflows and alerts for internal and external stakeholder updates, approvals, and requests streamline document and information exchange. Version control ensures up-to-date specifications are used, reducing out-of-spec inventory, rejected shipments, Corrective Action Requests (CARs), and costly rework due to non-compliant materials entering production. Companies that manage master specification data in ERP or PLM systems can pass specifications through TraceGains to automate supplier collaboration through approval. Or you can get a world-class specification management system by handling it all in TraceGains for less cost and complexity.
Centralizes specification management and version control within a single platform
Easily create, publish, and update raw material, and finished goods specifications
Rapidly respond to new consumer preferences, market demands, and seasonal availability
Set workflows and alerts triggered by user actions like reviews, approvals, status updates, and requests to automate collaboration
Select suppliers to co-author, edit, review, attach documents, negotiate attributes, and approve or decline shared specs
Tap into a network of more than two million supplier-provided documents to accelerate specification creation
Author and manage specifications that leverage configurable templates, tie to existing items and suppliers, and enable efficient standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Connect departments and suppliers over a networked platform that streamlines and automates collaboration, tracking all correspondence in real-time for a complete audit trail
Format specifications by section or attribute to present label images, packaging and palletizing guidelines, preparation instructions, and in/out-of-spec tolerance images
Complete version control with version IDs, date stamps, an annotated history of changes, PDFs for past versions, and workflows for new version effective dates
Leverage data from customer requirements, internal input, and practical supplier capabilities to act as a baseline to speed up specification creation
Automate the complicated process of sharing specification information with both internal and external stakeholders with instant alerts for approved specs
Digitize specification attributes and leverage the data to create configurable reports and dashboards for valuable business insight
Edit sections and attributes of configurable specification templates with all changes automatically cascaded to impacted specifications
ERP & PLM
Enterprise companies with master spec data in ERP or PLM systems can pass specs through TraceGains for supplier collaboration
Create, update, and publish raw material and finished goods specifications on a single networked platform.
"With TraceGains, our R&D teams are going to be a lot more involved with specifications going forward. Now, they can create formulations and build spec sheets, for both raw materials and finished products in one system."
- Tom Dubinski, Vice President of Quality Systems
Ready to take control of your specifications?