Monitor Threats and Regulatory Risk
for Your Supply Chain in Real Time
Companies Struggle to Manage Supply Chain Risk
Food, Supplement, and CPG Companies have unique challenges:
- The globalization of ingredient sourcing has made it harder to identify bad actors and assure supply chain safety, quality, and traceability.
- Economic adulteration, fraud, and incidents like pesticides and heavy metals can occur without warning causing delays and hefty penalties.
- Manually reviewing multiple sources for regulatory status and FDA recalls, refusals, and product alerts is slow and allows problems to go undetected.
- Cross-checking alerts against individual suppliers, supplier locations, and ingredient categories requires inside knowledge or significant time.
- FSMA requires companies to continuously monitor suppliers and ingredients for risk, while also tracking reported events throughout the supply chain.
Smart Alerts Can Fix It
TraceGains Smart Alerts monitors threats and regulatory risks throughout your supply chain in real-time, to prevent food safety issues and supply chain disruptions. The system transforms massive amounts of data into user-friendly, actionable insights for fast and effective risk management. Never miss a critical threat with automatic alerts for your ingredients, items, and formulas, and daily updates on new and emerging threats, refusals, incidents, alerts, and recalls. Pinpoint your research with the ability to filter by ingredient, country of origin, threat type, supplier, date of event, and more.
A comprehensive taxonomy combines hundreds of data sources including the FDA, the Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF), regulatory databases covering Prop 65, adulteration, and historical ingredient usage, and data collected and curated by the University of Minnesota's Food Protection and Defense Institute (FPDI).
Integrating seamlessly with other TraceGains products, Smart Alerts provides continuous monitoring and management of supply chain risk in a single networked platform. Quickly determine how regulatory limits impact new formulations and connect formulation details to global compliance requirements, allowing your regulatory team to work on the same timelines as R&D to speed up new product development.
Pinpoints risk by ingredient, additive, flavoring substance, contamination, and more
Aggregates multiple research sources and data points within a single user interface
Speeds up compliance checks for materials, ingredients, and recipes
TIME TO MARKET
Accelerates new product development with faster ingredient research and supplier approval
Tracks regulations, ingredient requirements, plus FDA refusals, incidents, alerts, and recalls
Delivers regulatory alerts, ingredient sourcing, and supplier management in one system
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Prop 65, Adulteration Risk, EFSA, Allergen, FDA Recalls, Refusals, and Product Alerts, JECFA, RASFF, UofM’s FAIR and World Factbook
Adulteration Risk, USADA, Side Effects/Interactions, Adverse Events, Prop 65 List
FOOD & BEVERAGE
FEMA Number, JECFA Number, EC Inventory Registry Number, SAF/EAFUS, GRAS, CFR, EFSA, Food Additive
GRAS, CFR, HOC, ODI, NDI
Conduct ingredient research and identify the right suppliers for your next product
Automate alerts for ingredient and recipe supply chain risks and regulatory updates
A common ingredient taxonomy integrates risk and regulatory data for internal departments and suppliers
Anticipate regulatory and supply chain shifts to update business processes and recipes proactively
Get ingredient and recipe risk alerts
and take supplier action in one system.
"We chose to work with TraceGains due to its credibility and expertise in the regulatory and safety challenges the food industry faces. We want our research and data to go out and do good in the world, and we think TraceGains is well-positioned to reach the widest audience."
- Dr. Amy Kircher, Senior Advisor at the Food Protection and Defense Institute
Remove Risk from Your Supply Chain