HACCP/HARPC Monitoring with TraceGains
Hazard analyses, be they HARPC for the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), or HACCP for general food manufacturing best practices, is a key component to every quality program and is critical in avoiding costly and dangerous downstream issues.
HARPC—hazard analysis and risk-based preventive controls—requires that companies have written plans that identify hazards, list the steps needed to minimize or prevent those hazards, identify monitoring procedures and record the results, and specify what actions will be taken to correct should problems do arise. These plans will be evaluated by FDA, and checked for proper implementation and adherence.
And having a validated HACCP plan is the best precursor to a successful HARPC plan.
HACCP’s seven principles include:
- Conduct a hazard analysis
- Determine the Critical Control Points (CCPs)
- Establish critical limit(s)
- Establish a system to monitor control of the CCP
- Establish the corrective action to be taken when monitoring indicates that a particular CCP is not under control
- Establish procedures for verification to confirm that the HACCP system is working effectively
- Establish documentation concerning all procedures and records appropriate to these principles and their application
Check out a few additional HACCP/HARPC resources we have available.
How Does TraceGains Help?
To help track the monitoring of your plan’s objectives, TraceGains’ Quality Management provides the following capabilities:
Automated management of all critical control points (CCP), prerequisite programs (PRP and oPRP)
An easy and centralized way to access all food safety plans, workflows, standard operating procedures (SOP)
QM also helps monitor all quality components (CCPs, PRPs, and oPRPs as well as miscellaneous quality logs) to assure that each shipment has conformed with every relevant quality program
Additionally, QM maintains a log of which staff need which quality training module and their progress through that module
How are you monitoring your HACCP/HARPC program?
Let us help you get started. Download our free Supplier PRPs for HACCP Checklist as a guide to help ensure optimal effectiveness.