GFSI Compliance with TraceGains
The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) is an industry-driven initiative providing guidance on food safety management systems necessary for supply chains.
GFSI’s objectives are to:
- Reduce food safety risks by delivering equivalence and convergence between effective food safety management systems
- Manage cost in the global food system by eliminating redundancy and improving operational efficiency
- Develop competencies and capacity building in food safety to create consistent and effective global food systems
Even with the growing popularity of GFSI certifications, only one third of food manufacturers are compliant with any GFSI-approved scheme, while the rest are either in the process, evaluating compliance needs, or have yet to begin the journey.
Check out a few additional GFSI resources we have available.
How Does TraceGains Help?
All GFSI-approved schemes have stringent upstream documentation requirements. Whether you're looking to get certified with SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000, or ISF, TraceGains helps companies to achieve, maintain, and advance compliance with their chosen GFSI scheme by significantly easing the process with our Supplier Management, Supplier Compliance, and Quality Management products.
- Automate collection & approval of supplier and item-level documents
- Automate notifications and renewals for expired documents
- Send out scorecards on demand
SC helps assure that the goods purchased from suppliers are compliant with a company’s own ingredient specifications. Specifically, SC can help:
- Automate P.O. acknowledgement
- Extract data from COAs & power non-conformance alerts
- Report and manage receiving issues
- Raw Materials QA: Micro & other tests
- Corrective actions, SCARs & complaints
QM has built in all the GFSI compliance requirements—point-by-point, for each scheme—to help guide the compliance process, and also delight auditors.
“We have auditors going through all of our files this week and it has been like the Spanish inquisition. Everything is an emergency for them. I have to tell you that our TraceGains reports and tracking have helped us very much in this process.” -- TraceGains Customer
Hear how TraceGains helped Ottens Flavors achieve and maintain compliance with the BRC Global Standard.
How are you managing your GFSI requirements?
Stay organized. Have easier audits. Maintain compliance.